Our Art Advisory Service for Private and Corporate Clients
What can we do for you?
- Help define the goals for your art purchases
- Work out the best strategy on how to achieve these goals, including where, how and and when to buy
- Set the budget for art purchases
- Set a time frame for our mandate
What are the advantages of using our expertise?
- A structured approach to buying art
- Intimate knowledge of the art market and its players
- Independent and unbiased advice on proposed purchases (no interest in selling own stock to you)
- Thorough research on planned purchases
- Access to all relevant data and know how to analyse that data
- A global view on art
- Advice on collection management and maintenance
- We are endorsed by the Australian Antique and Art Dealers Association as Approved Service Providers (Valuers and Consultants).
- David Hulme is an approved valuer for the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program
Contact us to find out how you can optimise your budget when buying art with the assistance of our art experts.
Benefits for our clients
- An experienced sounding board before buying your art
- Considerable savings through buying at the right place and time
- Prevention of heavy losses through not understanding real art value
- Prevention of costly mistakes, both aesthetically and monetarily
- A head start in the art world
- Valuation for market and insurance purposes of individual works or collection – see Art Appraisals for more information
- Research of potential art purchases
- Comprehensive due diligence pre-purchase reports
- Bidding at auction
- Organisation and management of restoration and reframing (oil paintings, works on paper, photographs) – you’ll find examples in Art Care
- Organisation of art transport, both domestic and international
- Collection management, including inventory, hanging, insurance, security
- Management of sales of artworks, both at auction and by private treaty, both domestic and international – more in Case histories
- Creation of curated fine art websites – see Art Services for examples
- Special arts projects, eg. management of donations through the Cultural Gifts Program, curation of art exhibitions, consultation on various art topics – anything where lateral thinking is important
Read in Testimonials what other clients think about our services.
- Initial consultation is complimentary (valued at $ 250)
- Invites to auction and gallery previews
- Access to our wide-ranging network in the artworld in Australia and overseas
- Recommended reading list (books and online subscriptions)
- Our E-newsletter
- Hourly rate or a project fee
- Email us or phone 02 9977 7764 to discuss your needs and get an obligation-free quote