Our Art advisory service for private, corporate clients and public institutions.
WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- Help define the goals for your art purchases
- Work out the best strategy on how to achieve these goals, including where, how and and when to buy
- Setting a budget for art purchases
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING OUR EXPERTISE?
- A structured approach to buying art
- Intimate knowledge of the art market and its players
- Independent and unbiased advice on proposed purchases
- Thorough research on planned purchases
- Access to all relevant data and know how to analyse that data
- A global view on art
- Advice on collection management and maintenance
- We are endorsed by the Australian Antique and Art Dealers Association as Approved Service Providers (Valuers and Consultants).
- David Hulme is an approved valuer for the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program
BENEFITS FOR OUR CLIENTS
- An experienced sounding board before buying your art
- Considerable savings through buying at the right place and time
- Prevention of heavy losses through not understanding real art value
- Prevention of costly mistakes, both aesthetically and monetarily
- A head start in the art world
- Valuation for market and insurance purposes of individual works or collection – see Art Appraisals for more information
- Research of potential art purchases
- Comprehensive due diligence pre-purchase reports
- Bidding at auction
- Organisation and management of restoration and reframing (oil paintings, works on paper, photographs)
- Organisation of art transport, both domestic and international
- Collection management, including inventory, hanging, insurance, security
- Management of sales of artworks, both at auction and by private treaty, both domestic and international – more in Case Studies
- Special arts projects, eg. management of donations through the Cultural Gifts Program, curation of art exhibitions, consultation on various art topics
“Dear Brigitte and David, thank you very much for your efficient expert help. I really enjoyed reading such a comprehensive and useful report.” C.C., New South Wales, April 2017