ART APPRAISALS AND VALUATIONS
A professional formal art valuation provides you with all of the necessary information – whether you are looking to insure or sell an individual artwork or entire collection.
To name a few: the National Art School in Sydney, the National Museum of Australia, Manly Art Gallery and Museum, Gosford Regional Gallery, the Dubbo Regional Art Gallery, and numerous individual and corporate clients have entrusted us with valuing their artworks for a variety of purposes.
WHY REQUEST A PROFESSIONAL ART VALUATION?
- Your family have inherited artworks and need up-to-date values for their fair distribution
- You want to protect your art collection against loss or damage and require an insurance valuation
- You would like to know the worth of your art in the current market
- You need a valuation of art in your superannuation fund
- You would like a professional catalogue of your art for insurance purposes
- You need a transparent and honest appraisal for family division purposes
- You are the executor of an estate and need a market valuation
ART VALUATION – WHAT’S INVOLVED?
- An initial discussion to establish what type of valuation you require
- We meet with you to view, photograph and catalogue your art
- If you are interstate or overseas, you can supply us with all the necessary information by email
- We research your artworks to establish the current values and place all in a easily understandable document with individual and total values
- We prepare your explanatory report with clear evidence of previous sales
- You will receive your valuation and report quickly and efficiently in both pdf and hard copy
- If you have more questions or need further advice, we are happy to answer all your questions
David Hulme values Australian and international art, including oil paintings, works on paper, drawings, etchings, lithographs and other limited edition art prints, photographs and sculpture. He is an approved valuer for the Australian Governments Cultural Gifts Program.
We are members of the Art Consulting Association of Australia and are listed as an Approved Service Provider with the Australian Antique and Art Dealers Association.
David Hulme is past president of the Art Consulting Association of Australia.
Brigitte Banziger is a past member the executive committee of The Art Consulting Association of Australia.
We provide you with a transparent upfront written quote prior to any formal valuation, which is based on our hourly rate. Contact us for a free quote on [email protected].
If you are not sure whether you need a formal written art valuation, contact us for an initial online art assessment.
We have catalogued and established art values for hundreds of private clients, companies and institutions, both in Australia and overseas, valuing artworks by famous Australian artists, by less-well known painters and international artists.
The National Art School in Sydney, the National Museum of Australia, Manly Art Gallery and Museum, Gosford Regional Gallery, the Dubbo Regional Art Gallery, and numerous individual, public and corporate clients have entrusted us with valuing their paintings, works on paper, photographs and sculpture.
A comprehensive formal art valuation is often the best option to make informed decisions and move forward when artworks from a deceased estate or property division are concerned, or when you need an up to date insurance or market valuation on your art collection.
As completely independent art valuers, you will receive honest and impartial advice, underpinned by solid research and knowledge of the art market.
“Dear David and Brigitte, we would like to thank you for the appraisal work you recently did for us. It was invaluable in better understanding the true worth of some of the artworks we acquired. We really appreciate the insights you provided and your prompt and friendly service, and we look forward to dealing with you again in the future.” J. & L.B., Sydney, Sept. 2017